As part of my community nursing experience, we were broken into groups and asked to complete an Asset-Based Community Project. The Aid to Adoption of Special Kids program has asked us to help them in their Foster Care Program for Medically Fragile Kids. They would like to find out what concerns or barriers medically trained people have when it comes to becoming foster parents. These medically fragile kids can have anything from asymptomatic drug exposure to trachs, shaken baby, feeding tubes and leukemia.For our project, we are going to reach out to those in the community who have a medical background and ask them a set number of questions. Afterwards, we will compile our data and help AASK determine what changes should be made in order to make foster parenting more attractive to the medically trained population. It has been very interesting finding out more about this organization. Through each of my community nursing experiences I have seen how many young children really need our help.



1 comment:
Diana I just realized you live in Gilbert..I just moved to Chandler!!!! Email me and we will hang out!!! jennissomewhere@gmail.com
Post a Comment